Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BBQ Sauced?

I was trying out some recipe cards I found around the office the other day and I came across one delicious barbecue sauce (I don't know what else to call it, rub?) recipe on a Rickard's beer promo handout. The recipe is designed for a beer can chicken but I've tried it on beef and pork; not so spectacular with beef but it works well with pork. Anyway, good sauce, multi-use would love to hear of or find a recipe that could give it a great home.

Mix:
• 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
• 1/4 cup (possibly less) maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons of paprika, it has a lot of paprika
• 1 teaspoon mustard powder
• minced garlic, tried elephant garlic, I like it
• finely chopped fresh rosemary
• A little chili powder helps too

I generally don't eat chicken skin but I do like how it turns out with this sauce, crispy and delicious. Tweak the above portions to fit your tastes, I'm guessing from what I remember of making it. Other cool recipes by Rickard's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment