Friday, February 4, 2011

Forced Budgeting

I'm practicing something that I don't like called budgeting; budgeting for those of you who don't know is a punishment for stealing in some countries and generally revered by almost every culture. As I'm now "budgeting" I thought it would be a good idea to find some good budget wines. The search is new but promising; if I can buy a wine in Ontario that's less than $20 and absolutely outstanding it's a steal; the 2007 (I think, might have been 2006) Liberty School Cab. Sauv. is one of those wines; although I can't find it anymore. A good wine under $15 is what I'd call a budget wine. Budget wines in my experience have some character flaw, which is probably why the price is low, but in general can be quite enjoyable. Bought a bottle of 2009 Winery of Good Hope Cab. Sauv. Merlot and it was great, a little acidic, beware heart burn victims but all in all everything I'm looking for in a full bodied completely dark red wine. Did I mention that it's under $12?

Good times, gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment